Thursday, October 28, 2010

A wickedly delicious dessert.....

So..... flushed with  the success ( what I really mean is the fact that I actually created one blog and had some positive comments) of my day yesterday, I decided to keep up the momentum and try another post. It seems I even have a "follower" now (the teenager thinks it doesn"t count because she's my friend!) ...now I have an obligation to keep....oh and I think the term "follower" sounds a little sinister,so I think I use the word... supporter...!
   I think the teenager is in for a big treat this evening....apple pancakes with caramel sauce. I just have to say the words caramel sauce and you have me interested.

  For the pancakes.
  -2 large eggs
 -1/2 cup milk
 -2 apples of any variety,I used Pink Ladies
 -1 teasp vanilla extract
 -1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
 -pinch salt
 -1/2 teasp baking powder
 -4 tbsp butter ,for frying.

For the caramel sauce (drool)
 -1/2 cup butter
 -1 cup brown sugar
 -1/4 cup heavy cream
 -1/2 teasp vanilla extract

Begin by peeling ,coring and grating the apples. I used the trusty food processor for that job,gotta love those things.Stir  the milk,eggs and vanilla into the apple -don't drain the apple liquid that comes after you grate. Add all the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Drop batter about 1/4 cups in size into the melted butter in the frying pan...once the edges are browned,flip and do the other side. Keep those warm and regrease the pan if necessary.
 To make the caramel sauce...melt the butter and sugar together,stirring occasionally,and let it cook for 3-4 mins until it's thick and foamy. Add the milk and vanilla,and try not to dive right in now,like I did.
Here's the finished product. Yummmm.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that looks so good! And combining the apples and caramel....yummm indeed!!! I think I'll be making my own Caroline's cookbook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this looks divine!
    And I'm a new follower who you don't even know so take that teenager, lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO excited to have a new follower.....let me know how the pancakes work out for you!

    ReplyDelete