Sunday, November 21, 2010

eggplant and bell pepper dip

I'm really pleased I found this recipe...its low fat and super tasty and by jove its quick to rustle up! I think it could be used in all sorts of different ways.... a dip, topping for bruschetta ,even a filling for a jacket potato... I made some toasted pita chips to go with it, and a few veggie sticks, and it was really well received..... especially by me.....I love eggplant ,or aubergine as I'd normally say.....!
  Here goes....


1 peeled eggplant -they look very odd "naked"!
2 red bell peppers ,seeded
1 red onion, peeled
2 garlic cloves
3 tbsp olive oil
11/2  teasp kosher salt
1/2 teasp freshly ground pepper
1 tbsp tomato paste


Preheat the oven to 400
Cut the eggplant ,bell pepper ,and onion into 1 inch cubes. Toss them in a large bowl with the garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread them on a baking sheet, and roast until the vegetables are lightly browned and soft,tossing once during cooking. Mine took 30 minutes. Place the cooked vegetables into a food processor fitted with a steel blade ,add the tomato paste and pulse 3 or 4 times to blend. Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment