Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Thai Honey Peanut Chicken

I'm blogging this morning feeling like a zombie.....why is it a fact of the world that if a smoke detector wants to tell me its battery is running low,it tells me at 4 am. Every time. Never in the day time . No Sireee.
   I cooked this dish for dinner last night, really  wish I was cooking it today actually  as it's super  quick and easy and I had every ingredient I needed in the house already. Just what you need when you have turned into a zombie and can't function or think straight. Yup, blogging girl needs her sleep. So this is the dish for you ,next time you feel as though you've only had 20 minutes sleep and you want something fast-easy-with a slight taste of the exotic!!

Serves 2-3
2 chicken breast cut into chunks
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp lime juice
1 large clove garlic minced
1 tbsp peanut butter
1/2 teasp curry powder
1 teasp Sriracha (optional)


 Mix all ingredients and marinade chicken for 2-3 hours. Go and have a nap.
Cook chicken in the sauce over a medium heat for 7-8 mins or until the chicken is cooked through. I ended up adding a little chicken stock to the pan as  I like more of a sauce....  Could also try using tofu,and replacing the peanut butter with tahini or another nut butter.

So pantry to table in 20 minutes . Sometimes you really need a recipe like this one.. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. mmmm...another winner! And I like the 20 minute quickness of it all. am definintely going to try this one!

    ReplyDelete